How Do I Reset My 2FA On Coinhako?
If you have started using a different device, want to set up your 2FA on another device or simply wish to reset your 2FA, you may do so in 2 simple steps.
* Please note that withdrawal fiat and crypto will be disabled 24 hours after your 2FA is disabled successfully.
**2FA disables can only be done on Coinhako.com
Follow the instructions below to reset your 2FA on Coinhako!
Step 1: Disable 2FA
Disable your 2FA with either of the following options:
- If your current 2FA is invalid: Submit a selfie
- If your current 2FA is still valid: Input your current 2FA code
Step 2: Re-enable 2FA
Step 1: Disabling 2FA on Coinhako
1. Navigate to Coinhako.com and click 'Sign In' at the top-right corner.
2. Fill in your Coinhako Login information.
3. Click 'I want to reset 2FA' when you are prompted to key in your 2FA token.
4. Read the instructions on the pop-up carefully before you submit your selfie.
Your selfie will need to include the following for us to verify the request and disable your 2FA:
- Your ID document/passport, to be held up with your left or right hand. This has to be the same ID document/passport you used to verify your account.
- A piece of paper, to be held up with your left or right hand, with "Coinhako Reset 2FA - Submission date" hand-written on it.
- All details must be clearly displayed in the picture so that we can counter check all information and verify your request to disable.
- Do not forget to include your face in the selfie.
This is an example of how your selfie picture should look like:
6. Upload your selfie by dragging the document into the 'Choose File' button, or click ‘Choose File’ and select the document from your computer.
7. Once you have uploaded the picture, select 'Request 2FA Reset'. We will disable your 2FA and notify you after receiving your selfie and verifying your request.
1. Login at Coinhako.com by clicking 'Sign In' at the top-right corner.
2. Login to your Coinhako account.
3. On your Dashboard, click on your name in the top right-hand corner.
4. Select 'Two Factor Auth' from the drop down menu.
5. Click on 'Disable 2FA'.
6. Enter the 2FA code from your current authenticator app and click 'Submit'.
**It is mandatory to have your 2FA enabled on Coinhako. For your safety, you are encouraged to re-enable your 2FA as soon as possible.
Once your 2FA is disabled, you will need to set up your 2FA on your new device or the device you wish to use.
Managed to reset your 2FA?
Need more information? Consider these related articles:
- 2FA set up
- What is 2FA? Why do I need it?
- Have problems with 2FA?
- Coinhako's User Security Guide
- Coinhako Verification Guidelines
- Changing Your Coinhako Email Address